Email: [email protected]
Department: Pharmacy Department
Dr. Hadi is a lecturer who joined knowledge university, college of pharmacy in Dec 2020 teaching Human biology and genetics, Histology and Microbiology. He was awarded PhD in molecular genetic microbiology from University of Birmingham under the supervision of Prof. Christopher Morton Thomas. Immediately after his PhD, he worked as a postdoc with Dr. Peter Lund at the same university on TraDis lib and genetic manipulation in E.coli. In summer 2018, he joined Prof. Jody Mason research group at Bath University as a research associate working on peptide inhibitors as a therapeutic approach against cancer. Dr. Hadi attended tens of conferences and symposiums around the world as a speaker and poster presenter and published his results in well known journal. Hadi also interested in healthy nutrition and diet and he was awarded Level 2 in health nutrition and diet from North Hertfordshire college/UK, Level 2 in diabetes care and management from Bridgwater and Taunton College/UK and advanced diploma in nutrition and diet from Quality Licence Scheme in the UK. Dr. Hadi played a significant role in time of COVID-19 pandemic through many TV programs giving effective instructions to avoid infection and boost immune system by nutrition and food supplements. Dr. Hadi is the founder and the runner of Green Life Center, the center to treat metabolic syndrome such as obesity, hyperlipidemia, diabetes and hypertension by using healthy diet and lifestyle.
.1- Defining the genes for the final steps in biosynthesis of the complex polyketide antibiotic mupirocin by Pseudomonas fluorescens NCIMB10586
2- Fine Tuning of Antibiotic Activity by a Tailoring Hydroxylase in a Trans-AT Polyketide Synthase Pathway
3- Characterization of Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetase (NRPS) in Pseudoalteromonas SANK73390, the natural producer of thiomarinol antibiotic. January 2015, Conference paper: Natural Product Discovery & Development in the Post Genomic Era https://sim.confex.com/sim/np2015/webprogram/Paper28359.html , San Diego, CA, USA
4- Evaluation Of Different Serologic Laboratory Tests Used For Diagnosis Of Brucella Antibodies Among Patients In Azadi Teaching Hospital In Kirkuk City. https://kujss.iraqjournals.com/article_41085.html
5-Influence Of Non-Specific Bacteriophage Isolated From Raw Sewage And Housefly On Different E. Coli Isolates, Conference paper, Kirkuk University, first biology conference. 2011
• Advanced Diploma in Diet and Nutrition Level 5 / Quality licence scheme, ABC awards/UK
• Nutrition and Health/North Hertfordshire college/UK
• Care and management of diabetes / Bridgewater and Taunton college/UK.
• Effective Research Program/Training course/ University of Birmingham
• 31-week Presessional Course in English for Academic Purposes / University of Birmingham .
• One week Effective team work workshop, Raymond Priestley Centre, Lake district, UK
• Treating metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and obesity with therapeutic carbohydrate restriction/ The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine/USA
• Studies On Biosynthesis And Activity Of Antibiotic Thiomarinol From Marine Bacteria. PhD course/ University of Birmingham, UK
• Medical microbiology, MSc / Baghdad university
• Veterinary and surgery medicine, Bsc, Baghdad university
• PhD scholarship from The Higher Committee for Education Development (HCED), 2011.
• George Parks travel grant from the University of Birmingham/UK.
• Travel grant from Microbiology society/UK