Email: [email protected]
Department: Pharmacy Department
He is a lecturer who joined knowledge university, college of pharmacy in Dec 2020. Hadi was awarded PhD in molecular genetic microbiology from university of Birmingham under the supervision of Prof. Christopher Morton Thomas. Immediately after his PhD, he worked as a postdoc with Dr. Peter Lund at the same university on TraDis lib and genetic manipulation in E.coli. In summer 2018, he joined Prof. Jody Mason research group at university of Bath as a research associate working on peptide inhibitors as a therapeutic approach against cancer. Hadi attended tens of conferences and symposiums around the world as a speaker and poster presenter.
• Jun2018- Nov2020: Research associate, Dep of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, United Kingdom.
• Jan2017-Jul2017: Research Fellow, School of Bioscience, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
• Dec 2007- Jan 2012: Assistant Lecturer and Manager of student registration office at Kirkuk University, College of medicine, Kirkuk.
• June 2006- Dec 2007: Assistant Lecturer at Kirkuk University, College of Science, Kirkuk.
• May 2005-June 2006: Manager and lab analyst of diagnostic laboratory.
• Interest in molecular genetic research
• Interest in medical microbiology
• Interest in microbiom research
• Interest in diet and health nutrition
• Interest in therapeutic nutrition to treat metabolic syndromes
1. Defining the genes for the final steps in biosynthesis of the complex polyketide antibiotic mupirocin by Pseudomonas fluorescens NCIMB10586.
published inNature Scientific Report, 02 Feb 2019
2. Fine Tuning of Antibiotic Activity by a Tailoring Hydroxylase in a Trans-AT Polyketide Synthase Pathway, published in ChemBioChem,2018, 19, 1 – 7
3. Characterization of Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetase (NRPS) in Pseudoalteromonas SANK73390, the natural producer of thiomarinol antibiotic. Conference paper in Natural Product Discovery & Development in the Post Genomic Era, San Diego, CA, USA
4. Evaluation Of Different Serologic Laboratory Tests Used For Diagnosis Of Brucella Antibodies Among Patients In Azadi Teaching Hospital In Kirkuk City. Published in Journal of Kirkuk University - Scientific Studies, Vol.5, No.2, 2010.ISSN:19920849
5. Influence Of Non-Specific Bacteriophage Isolated From Raw Sewage And Housefly On Different E. coli Isolates. Conference paper on April 2011 Biology Sciences Conference/ Collage of Science / Kirkuk University/ Kirkuk.
• Advanced Diploma in Diet and Nutrition Level 5 / Quality licence scheme, ABC awards/UK
• Nutrition and Health/North Hertfordshire college/UK
• Care and management of diabetes / Bridgewater and Taunton college/UK.
• Effective Research Program/Training course/ University of Birmingham
• 31-week Presessional Course in English for Academic Purposes / University of Birmingham .
• One week Effective team work workshop, Raymond Priestley Centre, Lake district, UK
• Treating metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and obesity with therapeutic carbohydrate restriction/ The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine/USA
• Studies On Biosynthesis And Activity Of Antibiotic Thiomarinol From Marine Bacteria. PhD course/ University of Birmingham, UK
• Medical microbiology, MSc / Baghdad university
• Veterinary and surgery medicine, Bsc, Baghdad university
• PhD scholarship from The Higher Committee for Education Development (HCED), 2011.
• George Parks travel grant from the University of Birmingham/UK.
• Travel grant from Microbiology society/UK