|Knowledge University (KNU) is looking for a talented journalist to engage in its Press Office. We are looking for an energetic colleague who is willing to go the extra mile with us to do an exceptional work covering all the news/reports aspects of the university.Journalists research, write, edit, proofread and file news stories, features and articles. Your pieces are used on television and radio or within magazines, journals and newspapers, in print and most importantly online.The selected candidate write and assemble together news stories that will interest KNU's audience. By gathering together a number of different sources and ensuring that all the arguments are represented.Typically the work will involves:
QualificationsAlthough there are routes into journalism for both university graduates and school leavers, we at KNU asks for a degree. While any subject is acceptable, English or journalism are preferred. Specialist subjects such as economics, languages or sciences can be a great advantage. All talented writers with any academic background are welcome to apply.Key skills for this post
- reading press releases
- researching articles
- establishing and maintaining contacts
- interviewing sources
- writing, editing and submitting copy
- attending events
- verifying statements and facts
- staying up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation law
- liaising with editors, sub-editors, designers and photographers.
- It is possible to transfer between television, radio, newspaper and publishing work.
Candidate needs to be fluent in writing, reading and speaking both in Arabic and Kurdish languages. English language professionalism increases their chances to get the job.
- Excellent oral or written skills
- Interpersonal skills