Knowledge University’s educational philosophy is founded on the university’s vision to be “leading towards an all inclusive e-Smart academic community that leads a knowledge-driven society” with “the courage to review and think differently”. It rests on the conviction that students are both able and willing to learn, and that the university facilitates optimal opportunities for active and continuous learning by creating challenging learning environments at all levels with a green sustainable future in mind.
At Knowledge University we are convinced that students can and want to take responsibility for their own learning. We invest in physical and digital settings which stimulate active learning, for our students as well as our employees in a vast green campus. Our teaching philosophy brings a learning experience that globally trended and adjusted for regional economic development with strong responsibility. Our researchers are actively engaged in teaching as well as in designing courses and degree programmes. We strive for education where discussion, openness and reflection are promoted. Teaching is developed through regular interaction and reviewing which is an integrated part of our quality efforts.
Our Educational Philosophy
- facilitate encouragement of a questioning spirit minds
- providing unique academic subjects in all major subject groups
- quality and depth of provision across all subjects in an inclusive manner
- collaborative teaching, scholarship, and research
- strong support for true individual researchers as well as research groups that bring changes to our lives
- education which enhances the ability of students to learn throughout life
- an electronically enabled education experiences with interactive learning process
- tailed program objective outcomes that are locally responsive and globally recognised
About Knowledge University
Knowledge University (KNU) is a private university located in the city of Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq. KNU provides diverse higher education, research and consultancy to all its students via such programs as Engineering, Science, Law, Business, Economy and Teacher Education. KNU is also renowned for maintaining one of the best quality campuses in Iraq with green, sustainable program objectives and outcomes throughout its activities. KNU encourages its academic community to seek knowledge, affirm skills and ensure excellence in their academic and professional achievements. KNU intends to expand its program and become a leading educational institute of science and humanities with e-Smart academic community.
Please visit our campus on your next visit to Erbil, the hub and capital city of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.