Welcome to the Office of Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA) at Knowledge University (KNU). Here you find information and guidelines related to all academic activities managed by VPAA Office.
The VPAA is responsible for the academic curriculum of the institution, providing supervision to the academic members and managing the processes through which teaching is conducted and administered at KNU. The VPAA ensures that the curriculum reflects the mission of the university appropriately as a whole and to be updated in terms of disciplines and delivery.
This office is providing and monitoring Academic Quality Assurance (AQA) regulations through the Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance (DAQA). It is also promoting professional development for the university-wide academic community via workshops, training courses and research programs managed by The Centre for Academic Research, Training and Activities (CART) at Knowledge University (KNU).
As a leader of academic affairs, the KNU vice president for academic affairs (VPAA) guides the establishment of overall directions for the university’s academic programs. The VPAA anticipates future developments in higher education and their impact on the university, identifies the threats and opportunities they pose and evaluates the needs inherent in meeting those challenges creatively and effectively.
The VPAA is responsible for ensuring the academic quality of all departments, programs, and services within the academic affairs unit through the appropriation and allocation of necessary resources, through the oversight of hiring and evaluation activities, and through the establishment and coordination of policies and priorities of KNU that foresee the long term strategy of the university.
Here at KNU the VPAA oversees the development and implementation of the strategic plan for academic affairs, assigns responsibilities for its implementation, reviews academic policies for their consistency with the strategic plan and university mission, and has responsibility for the overall evaluation of the plan's implementation and outcomes. The VPAA also coordinates initiatives and ongoing programs across all colleges of academic affairs and guides the establishment of annual and long-term priorities that have direct impact on the university.
In general, the VPAA office at Knowledge University (KNU) also directly responsible and exercises the following specific duties and functions:
- To supervise and coordinate all academic units and programs provided by KNU;
- To administer the overall execution of policies on instruction approved by the Board of Trustees, as recommended by the University Council, via the President of the University;
- To recommend academic policies pertaining to curricula, faculty appointments and assignments, and academic programs;
- To evaluate the performance of the Directors and Deans under his supervision;
- To develop an academic strategy for the university
- To oversee the Education Quality provided by the university and leading the Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance (DAQA)
- To develop curriculum and programs, working for feasible implementation of the university long term strategy in program educational objectives (PEO) and learning outcomes
- To conduct meetings and conferences with Directors and Deans under his supervision;
- To coordinate with the Research and Extension units of the college in promoting the research and extension activities of the faculty;
- To coordinate with other educational institutions and/or related agencies to ensure inter-program/agency complementation and efficient maximization of available resources; and
- To submit periodic reports and accomplishments to the President.
- Acts as Officer-in-Charge of any college when so designated by the President;
Please communicate (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit in person the Office of VPAA for further information
About Knowledge University
Knowledge University (KNU) is a private university located in the city of Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq. KNU provides diverse higher education, research and consultancy to all its students via such programs as Engineering, Science, Law, Business, Economy and Teacher Education. KNU is also renowned for maintaining one of the best quality campuses in Iraq with green, sustainable program objectives and outcomes throughout its activities. KNU encourages its academic community to seek knowledge, affirm skills and ensure excellence in their academic and professional achievements. KNU intends to expand its program and become a leading educational institute of science and humanities with e-Smart academic community.
Please visit our campus on your next visit to Erbil, the hub and capital city of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.